If you're in the market for a Hyundai Santa Fe, you need to know the model range has just been upgraded to 2015 specifications - with added equipment and revised pricing.
If you are buying a Santa Fe in coming weeks, ensure the vehicle you are collecting - on the contract for sale - is the 2015 specification. Either that, or, if you are buying old (2014) stock, make sure you are getting it at a significant discount.
The range includes Hyundai's new lifetime capped price servicing arrangement, and 10-year free roadside assistance package.
Drivelines, safety rating (five-star), full-size spare wheel, wheel sizes, seating capacity, major bodywork, etc., remain unchanged.
See the full (2014 model) review plus video here >>
2105 Hyundai Santa Fe Image Gallery
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Upgrades
- Stiffer chassis
- New motor driven steering system (new steering gearbox and computer upgrade from 16-bit to 32-bit, which improves reaction time)
- Re-tuned suspension (new spring rates, damper tune, wheel bearings, steering knuckles and suspension bushes).
- Darker chrome grille
- Daytime running lights
- Cornering lamps
As above, plus:
- Smart Tailgate: This tech relies on the proximity key. Stand near the rear of the car for three seconds (with the key) and the tailgate opens automatically. No foot swipe or button-press required.
As above, plus:
- Lane departure warning system: Alerts you if you drift to (or beyond) the edge of the lane, possibly due to fatigue or lack of attention
- Automatic reverse parking: With the unfortunate acronym SPAS (Smart Parking Assist System) the system uses ultrasonic sensors and automatically steers in reverse to park the car. It also measures viable parking spaces (and knows where it won't fit). Plus it detects obstacles front and rear.
- Front parking sensors are now standard
- Ignition-off sunroof operation is now possible
- Front seats are now ventilated
NEW MODEL: Hyundai Santa Fe SR
This sports-oriented flagship joins the range in the first quarter of 2015 - pricing yet to be announced - and will sit alongside the Veloster Turbo SR, i30 SR and Accent SR.
- Sports body kit
- Brembo brakes (four-piston monobloc front / two-piston rear) on bigger rotors
- H&R springs
- 19-inch Oz Racing wheels with better caliper clearance
- Michelin Latitude Tour tyres (235/55 R 19)
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Pricing
Prices have risen for 2015
- Active petrol manual - up $1500 (compared with 2014 model)
- Active petrol auto - up $2000 (compared with 2014 model)
- Active diesel manual - up $1500 (compared with 2014 model)
- Active diesel auto - up $2000 (compared with 2014 model)
- Elite diesel auto - up $2500 (compared with 2014 model)
- Highlander diesel auto - up $3250 (compared with 2014 model)