The harsh Aussie sun plays havoc with headlights. They go cloudy, and less light gets painted on the road ahead. There is a much better option than spending hundreds on replacement headlights. They can be restored – easily and cheaplyRead More
Need to Know:
- Headlight restoration works on cloudy, discoloured headlights.
- Headlight restoration is an easy, one-hour job.
- You can do headlight restoration in the driveway at home, with essentially no tools or training. All you need for headlight restoration is a $30 self-contained kit, some masking tape, and elbow grease.
- To restore your headlights you don’t need to remove them from the car (we just did that for the video above).
- Headlight restoration could save you thousands (think: old European prestige car). It will certainly save you hundreds of dollars compared with the price of two replacement headlamps, even on a basic car.
Here's the detail on restoring those cloudy headlights: