Good Day John,
Love your 10 tips video. Best 17:32mins of advise I have ever received about purchasing a new car.
I just wanna know, what are your thourghts on the new 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. I'm thinking of purchasing the Ti model cash. Could you give me some advise on getting the best deal from the dealer if possible.
Thank you for your assistance.
Glad you liked the how to beat a car dealer video.
Nissan has a solid reputation for building durable off-roaders. If you're towing or doing long trips then the Pathfinder is a great vehicle. It's a bit on the heavy/cumbersome side for city use. There's no quality-based reason not to purchase one, and the Ti model is impressively equipped.
I would do the following:
- Take the vehicle on an extended test drive to ensure you are happy with it.
- Get a solid quote on the vehicle - but do not pay a deposit.
- I'll get you in touch with my recommended broker, who will then tender out the purchase to a large number of dealers. The broker will get back to you with the lowest price possible on that basis, inclusive of the commission which they charge the dealer. If that's lower than the price you could negotiate, proceed with the purchase. If not, go back to the original dealer.
- If you have a trade-in the broker can tender that out across a wholesale network in a similar way.
- The broker can arrange delivery of the vehicle to you, with a full tank of fuel, if required. You need not ever set foot in the dealership.
I hope this helps. Please use the contact form on the right again if you need anything else.
Best of luck with it.